Modular construction, also called Modern Methods of Construction or MMC, is enjoying a resurgence. Today’s modular builds are not only aesthetically pleasing – with new materials and technological advances, as well as improved regulatory standards, they are now also more durable.
The post-pandemic world is increasingly embracing modular construction methods in response to labour shortages and higher customer demand alongside sustainability and environmental considerations.
There are huge potential benefits, particularly in terms of cost savings, sustainability and speed of construction. But there are risks that need to be taken into consideration too.
Our new guide will help you navigate and understand modular construction topics such as:
- What are the advantages of modular construction?
- What risks should developers be made aware of?
- Contract and construction schedule review, Insurance and Transportation.
- The impact modular construction can have on mortgage purposes.
- Traditional forms of security and if they’re appropriate for modular construction.
Download the guide below, or If you’d like to find out more information, please get in touch with our property team here.